lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to test IP over PPP ?

From: Peter Graf
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to test IP over PPP ?
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 11:30:54 +0100

Hello Marc,

I have just tested lwIP's PPP on a big-endian machine (PPC) and it works
just fine.
Many thanks. Since PPC can also run in little-endian mode, and many PPC targets do so, please allow asking back if you're sure about the mode?

I tried to manually analyze a configure request sent out by lwIP PPP, sniffed from the serial port, and found something that might be endianess confusion. My PPP documentation (from a book) is a bit unclear, so I'm possibly wrong. Do you have a pointer to a description of the configure request packets?

[PPP Test on a single Linux machine snipped]

Thanks for the info. The problem occurs with an embedded non-Linux target though. (Connected to a Linux box.)

It looks like your target isn't receiving anything; just continuously sending
LCP Configure-Request packets and timing out waiting for the response.
On low level, the machine is definitely receiving data. I'll try to check if it reaches PPP.

All the best,
Peter