lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to test IP over PPP ?

From: Peter Graf
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to test IP over PPP ?
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:09:47 +0100

Jani Monoses wrote:

I have a similar effect, big-endian 32 bit embedded system (68k) connected to a Linux box. Packets go back and forth but no connect.
(The serial connection is OK, SLIP works fine.) Just out of curiosity:
Which endianess has your embedded system?

does the lwip part not send or not receive?
The lwip part does send and receive PPP packets, but not establish a connection.

what does tcpdump show?

Since file access is problematic on my target, I had disabled tcpdump.
But I'm sure there were no IP packets on the line.
I had a sniffer at the serial port and saw only PPP negotiation attempts from both sides.

how about the messages with debug on?
I'll post a message log later. Please note that I have both SLIP and ethernet working, this is a PPP only problem.

Do I gather correctly, that nobody can report PPP success on a big-endian target so far?

Peter