lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5779] Tunning TCP KeepAlives values

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5779] Tunning TCP KeepAlives values
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 09:44:01 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, patch #5779 (project lwip):

I partly misunderstood your proposed change - I thought you were making the
default value smaller (it is currently set to 2 hours, which is the RFC
requirement).

Making it configurable on a per-socket basis would require setsockopt(), and
I think this would be a good idea.

Putting it in lwipopts.h would not be a good idea. Although more
configurable, people would be tempted to change it without understanding the
consequences.  I'd prefer to move TCP_SYNMAXRTX, TCP_MAXRTX, etc *out* of
lwipopts.h rather than put this in.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5779>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/