lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5779] Tunning TCP KeepAlives values

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5779] Tunning TCP KeepAlives values
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 08:54:17 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #5779 (project lwip):

To my point of view, these constants have the same "internal" level than
TCP_SYNMAXRTX, TCP_MAXRTX, etc...

So, give the possibility to Lwip users to change these constants is only to
give the possibility to do a "system level settings".

What you propose give a "socket level settings", but need to have more code
(but you're right, it's a better solution - in functionnality). Onyl problem
I see: these options are not really "universal" (Winsock applications don't
use them).

As I propose it, the patch is simple, and "source code compatible" : if
someone get the last CVS release, he doesn't have to change anything in this
code, the behavior is the same. And the footprint doesn't change.

So, this change is really minor, and doesn't affect others users.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5779>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/