lmi

[lmi] GUI unit test failures after the recent changes

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] GUI unit test failures after the recent changes
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 18:02:23 +0200

 Hello,

 Just in case it has somehow gone unnoticed, the recent changes (I'm not
sure which one exactly as I didn't have time to debug them yet, but it must
be one of the 4 of the latest commits as of time of this writing, i.e.
b90777476..fc01b15e6) have broken the GUI unit tests that now fail with:

        calculation_summary: started
        Assertion 'materially_equal(bourn_cast<double>(irate), rate * radix)'
failed.
        [ul_utilities.cpp : 152]

(see e.g. https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/runs/6420838991 for the
32-bit build or https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/runs/6420839080
for the 64-bit one).

 Independently of the actual problem itself, there is also a problem with
assert reporting, as they currently show a message box which means they
remain stuck forever (or until 6 hours of the very generous time quota of
GitHub Actions expire). This is something I will try to fix a.s.a.p. as
these tests are not supposed to require any human interaction, but I don't
think I should try fixing the real problem because you probably already
have something in mind of it -- but please let me know if I'm wrong.

 Thanks,
VZ