lmi

Re: [lmi] GUI unit test failures after the recent changes

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] GUI unit test failures after the recent changes
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 21:23:52 +0200

On Sun, 22 May 2022 16:37:12 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> On 5/14/22 15:07, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> >  I've fixed this in https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/pull/208
which

GC> Similar code in gpt_view::OnCreate() and mec_view::OnCreate()
GC> uses the same try...catch. If we're going to remove it from
GC> IllustrationView::OnCreate(), we should remove it from all.

 I didn't think to check for the other occurrences of the same code, but
you're, of course, correct and we should remove it from everywhere and not
just here. Thanks for noticing this!

GC> I tried doing that just now, but where PR 208 has:
GC>
GC>     if(!!ViewEx::DoOnCreate(doc, flags))
GC>         {
GC>         return false;
GC>         }
GC>
GC> in the other two files I came up with:
GC>
GC>     if(!ViewEx::DoOnCreate(doc, flags))
GC>         {
GC>         return false;
GC>         }
GC>
GC> which differs only in that it uses a single '!' rather than two.
GC> Isn't a single '!' correct?

 Yes, of course, really sorry for managing to somehow make this typo in my
refactoring commit (it was, of course, a last second change just to
prettify the code a bit more after I had tested it). I would have probably
noticed it when the tests would have failed in the CI builds, except the
tests didn't run for this PR because it had been done before the problem
with the sample data files preventing the CI builds from getting to the
tests was fixed.

https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lmi.git/log/?h=odd/remove-all-view-report-exception
GC> Please let me know if I should merge that into master.

 Yes, please.

 Sorry again for this mistake,
VZ