lmi

Re: [lmi] PATCH: Submodule changes

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] PATCH: Submodule changes
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 18:40:14 +0200

On Fri, 9 Oct 2020 16:05:32 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> On 2020-10-09 15:30, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Fri, 9 Oct 2020 15:12:03 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > GC> $ git --no-pager grep _sha install_wx*
GC> > GC> install_wx.sh:vendor=${LMI_TRIPLET}-$gcc_version-$wx_commit_sha

install_wxpdfdoc.sh:build_dir="$exec_prefix/wxpdfdoc-ad_hoc/wxpdfdoc-$wxpdfdoc_commit_sha"

GC> > GC> ...still be used? AFAICT without actually rebuilding, those variables
GC> > GC> ought to be empty now, right?
GC> >
GC> >  Oops, you're absolutely right and I just haven't noticed this. AFAICS
GC> > there are just two solutions:
GC> >
GC> > 1. Remove the SHA suffixes from the vendor string.
GC> > 2. Set these suffixes to the actual commits used in the submodule.
GC> >
GC> >  I guess you prefer the solution (2), so I'm going to do this, but how
GC> > should I do it: wait until you push your changes and then make another PR
GC> > or update the existing PR with this change, so that you could cherry-pick
GC> > the new commit(s?)? What would you prefer?
GC>
GC> Let's defer those questions, and plan to address them later,

 FWIW I think this should be addressed soon, as we probably don't want to
start using wxWidgets DLLs with the names ending in "-" -- they work (we
did test this), but look very unusual.

GC> There are some 'shellcheck' complaints,

 Sorry, I thought we've checked everything with shellcheck but apparently
this wasn't redone after the latest round of changes :-( FWIW we'll add
concinnity check to the CI workflow script a.s.a.p. to prevent this from
happening again in the future.

GC> but I think I'll defer dealing with those, too, so that you can rebase
GC> PR 158 "Ci linux" on this new origin/master (I'm eager to get that
GC> done, because one you've done that, we don't need to coordinate our
GC> work with each other so tightly).
GC>
GC> Pushing now...

 Thanks, I've updated https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/158 on top of it.
The CI builds take quite a long time, unfortunately, so they haven't
finished yet, but I hope they pass.

VZ