lmi

Re: [lmi] PATCH: Submodule changes

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] PATCH: Submodule changes
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 16:30:36 +0200

On Fri, 9 Oct 2020 13:35:31 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> On 2020-10-09 12:53, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> >
GC> >  The only other thing I'd like to mention is that there are some small
GC> > conflicts between the 2 PRs, so it could be preferable to apply
GC> > https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/160 which combines both of them: I've
GC> > created the PRs for the individual libraries to make the changes simpler
GC> > review for you, but PR 160 is definitely the simplest one to apply.
GC>
GC> Okay, if I apply this one first:
GC>   PR 160 Use submodules for wx and wxpdfdoc too
GC> and this one second:
GC>   PR 158 Ci linux

 This one is not going to apply cleanly on top of PR 160, so I'd rather
rebase it on top of master once you merge PR 160. Of course, you can do it
yourself too if you prefer, but I think it would be simpler and faster for
me/us to do it instead.

GC> and examine but don't apply these two:

 Just a nitpick: I'd start by examining these two, _before_ applying 160.

GC>   PR 162 Use submodules for wxWidgets and wxPdfDoc
GC>   PR 157 Add xmlwrapp submodule and use its sources and headers from it
GC> then that's a good plan, right?

 Yes, absolutely.

 Thanks in advance!
VZ