lmi

[lmi] PATCH: Submodule changes

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] PATCH: Submodule changes
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 14:53:19 +0200

 Hello,

 Here are the promised changes moving third party libraries into
submodules. For your convenience, I'm separating them in 2 parts.

 The first one is at https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/157 and contains the
changes pertaining to xmlwrapp. Note that many changes are not actually
shown in this PR because they were done inside xmlwrapp submodule itself,
but I don't think you necessarily want to review them (and I'm relatively
certain that they don't, and can't, break the behaviour of the library: in
the worst case, they might result in some build errors in some
configurations). The only somewhat questionable part that I see here is
renaming of install_libxml2_libxslt.sh to install_xml_libraries.sh. At
least I've agonized for a long time over this difficult decision. I hope
you don't mind the name I've chosen, but please let me know if you'd prefer
something else and I'll update the PR to use it instead.

 The second part is at https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/162 and updates
wxWidgets and wxPdfDocument. Not much to say about this one, it was exactly
as simple as I hoped it would be. As I wrote there, the last commit in this
PR is optional, but IMO still worth applying. Feel free to omit it if you
disagree, however. OTOH if you do agree, I think I should make another
change and add some install_third_party_common.sh that would be sourced by
all install_xxx.sh scripts and contain the options common to all of them.
This is definitely not critical, of course.

 The only other thing I'd like to mention is that there are some small
conflicts between the 2 PRs, so it could be preferable to apply
https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/160 which combines both of them: I've
created the PRs for the individual libraries to make the changes simpler to
review for you, but PR 160 is definitely the simplest one to apply.

 Finally, let me say that I've tested these changes cross-compiling from
Linux (in addition to the automatic CI builds done by GitHub that also
check this) and Ilya has tested under native MSW/Cygwin and everything
seems to work.

 As always, please let me know if you have any questions and thanks in
advance!
VZ