lmi

Re: [lmi] upgrade to xmlwrapp-0.6.0

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] upgrade to xmlwrapp-0.6.0
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:37:39 +0000

On 2009-04-17 16:00Z, Vaclav Slavik wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 13:43 +0000, Greg Chicares wrote:
>> > How do you solve building of libxml2/libxslt with Comeau C++?
>>
>> libxml2 and libxslt are just C libraries.
>
> Right, I forgot about that little detail :( We could add a (hopefully)
> trivial makefile for Comeau, either to xmlwrapp itself or LMI -- should
> I look into it?

When lmi itself is built using autotools, it should use libraries
built separately with autotools, so I'll commit your 'configure.ac'
and 'Makefile.am' patches without modification. But Comeau can't be
supported that way.

For the hand-written makefiles, I'm testing my old accustomed method:
treating xmlwrapp's source files just like lmi's (except that they're
in a different directory). That ought to work for any other compiler,
too (e.g., Borland). And it's only about 100K in a dozen files, so it
wouldn't matter if it got built more often than a library would.

One obstacle I foresee is that xmlwrapp and xsltwrapp both contain an
'init.cxx'. Probably I'll rename them locally:
  src/libxslt/init.cxx --> src/libxslt/xslt_init.cxx
   src/libxml/init.cxx -->  src/libxml/xml_init.cxx
to make the '.o' names unique.