lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0 (svn trunk) anomaly

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0 (svn trunk) anomaly
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:15:14 +0100

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 19:12:28 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2009-03-14 19:01Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

GC> > GC> Just to be clear, I see this stuff only when building wx itself with
GC> > GC> some variant of './configure && make', but never when building lmi.
GC> >
GC> >  You surely know this already but this is just because LMI uses
GC> > -Wno-uninitialized.
GC>
GC> I suspect the cause might be different.
GC>
GC> I see these messages only when building wx itself, in particular
GC> by using lmi's 'install_wx.make' to build it, but that file doesn't
GC> specify '-Wno-uninitialized', and no other lmi file is involved in
GC> building wx itself. I save '>some_log_file 2>&1' output from every
GC> build, and '-Wno-uninitialized' doesn't occur in my wx build logs,
GC> where I see these diagnostics. Conversely, '-Wno-uninitialized'
GC> occurs throughout my lmi build logs, but they don't contain any of
GC> these diagnostics.

 I think you might be not be taking into account the fact that
-Wno-uninitialized _suppresses_ the warnings about uninitialized variables
which are enabled by -Wuninitialized or by -Wall (used by wx). So the above
does explain it: wx build does not use -Wno-uninitialized and hence
generates the warnings while LMI build suppresses the warning with
-Wno-uninitialized and so no warnings are output.

 Am I missing something?
VZ