lmi

Re: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0 (svn trunk) anomaly

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0 (svn trunk) anomaly
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 19:12:28 +0000

On 2009-03-14 19:01Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:41:39 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

> uninitialized in this function
> GC> >
> GC> >  Wouldn't using -isystem for this directory help?
> GC>
> GC> I suppose it should help. But I also would suppose that the right
> GC> place to specify '-isystem' would be either in the autotools files,
> GC> or in the compiler's specs file, and I don't want to touch either.
> GC> Just to be clear, I see this stuff only when building wx itself with
> GC> some variant of './configure && make', but never when building lmi.
>
>  You surely know this already but this is just because LMI uses
> -Wno-uninitialized.

I suspect the cause might be different.

I see these messages only when building wx itself, in particular
by using lmi's 'install_wx.make' to build it, but that file doesn't
specify '-Wno-uninitialized', and no other lmi file is involved in
building wx itself. I save '>some_log_file 2>&1' output from every
build, and '-Wno-uninitialized' doesn't occur in my wx build logs,
where I see these diagnostics. Conversely, '-Wno-uninitialized'
occurs throughout my lmi build logs, but they don't contain any of
these diagnostics.