lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0 (svn trunk) anomaly

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0 (svn trunk) anomaly
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:42:21 +0100

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:54:47 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> > GC> ../src/common/docview.cpp:1327: warning: 'docNew' might be used
uninitialized in this function

GC> >  This seems to be another instance of the same problem as above so I'll
GC> > work around it in the same way if you could please confirm that my
GC> > correction of the previous problem worked.
GC>
GC> However, this warning still occurs with 'wxWidgets-2009-03-12.tar.bz2'.

 In fact looking at it again I changed my mind -- it doesn't look like the
same problem after all as in this case I don't see how can the "docNew"
variable be used if the function initializing it throws. So I'm back to not
knowing how to fix this.

GC> Now it's the only warning issued by MinGW gcc-3.4.4, excluding of
GC> course a couple hundred lines like this:
GC>   stl_uninitialized.h:82: warning: '__cur' might be used uninitialized in
this function
GC> that I don't believe we can do anything about.

 Wouldn't using -isystem for this directory help?

GC> And I don't regard the 'docNew' warning as a problem that must be
GC> fixed.

 Me neither so while I'd like to fix it I wouldn't spend more time on it as
the warning doesn't appear with newer compilers.

 Thanks for your testing!
VZ