lmi

Re: [lmi] Calculation summary: tidying up loose ends

From: Wendy Boutin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Calculation summary: tidying up loose ends
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:01:26 -0500

Evgeniy Tarassov wrote:
On 11/7/06, Boutin, Wendy <address@hidden> wrote:
Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2006-11-7 16:19 UTC, Evgeniy Tarassov wrote:
> >    0         initial term specified amount
> >    1,000,000 initial total specified amount
> >    CT        state of jurisdiction
> [versus]
> >            0 initial term specified amount
> >    1,000,000 initial total specified amount
> >           CT state of jurisdiction

If I had to pick one, I'd pick the second, but given
the time we have left I don't want to expand our scope
when I see what follows as the real issue.

No-no, its not difficult at all. I have added it to the calculation
summary (html output).

That sounds good. I just took a look at what you committed and
think you've nailed the idea. The left bucket looks great, but
the last line of the right bucket is mis-left-aligned with the
three above it. I compared the new to the old and observe the
spacing above the html table is about the same size. I was hoping
we could reduce that space so we can view more rows in the table
on the screen. Is it possible to reduce the vertical line spacing
for the whole calculation summary?

I think I'd prefer a slightly different order for the scalar data,
but I'm not sure if that's a task better suited for us. Greg, do
you prefer we handle rearranging the order or will it be better if
I specify what I want for Evgeniy? Sounds like it's pretty easy...
[...]
Which means that to reorganise scalar values in the buckets will be as
easy/hard as moving around blocks from one bucket section to another,
where blocks correspond to scalar value and its label text.

but I'm not sure who's court that should be in.

Do this features need to be implemented for TSV output for calculation
summary as well?

I can say that pretiffying TSV data will be much more painfull on the
level of xslt code. It will be impossible to separate bucket scalars
in the code and columns will have to be interchanged which will make
the xslt much less readable.

On the other side, if we dont change TSV xsl template, then the data
will correspond to the calculation summary as it is now, except the
visual formatting. Do you think it is acceptable for users to have the
calculation summary scalars being copied as TSV into clipboard to
'move around' on the screen? :)

If I understand that correctly, I think the answer is that it is
not needed for the TSV output. We really need the extra space above
the html table, so as long as all the data gets copied to the clipboard,
I think it's okay that it's not aligned exactly the same when it gets
pasted.