lmi

Re: [lmi] Calculation summary: tidying up loose ends

From: Wendy Boutin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Calculation summary: tidying up loose ends
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 20:31:41 -0500

Evgeniy Tarassov wrote:
On 11/7/06, Wendy Boutin <address@hidden> wrote:
This is a list of loose ends that I think need tidying for our release;
I've also included a few comments from my testing:

 >> * Pasted data doesn't correspond to original data

[stripped]

Essentially, 'Copy calculation summary' should have the set of
scalar data that contains 'CT state of jurisdiction', and 'Copy
spreadsheet data' should have the set of scalar data that contains
'ProducerName'. It is still key to keep the disclaimer you've
added, regardless of what data gets pasted to the spreadsheet.

Oh, sorry -- it was a misunderstanding. The calculation summary copied
into the clipboard (Ctrl-C) had exactly the same header as the
detailed TSV data for spreadsheets (Ctrl-Shift-C). I have fixed that
and will commit the changes tonight.

I've tested those changes and certainly agree both problems are fixed;
I see exactly what I expect.

While we're discussing the 'Ctrl-Shift-R' output, I'd like to
spike out a defect, I think. Try this:
  'Alt F N C', then
  'Ctrl-Shift-R', then
  'Ctrl-C', then
  open spreadsheet program and paste the clipboard
I observe 'AttainedAge' data in Column 'B', which shouldn't be
in the pasted values because it isn't a column in the on-screen
calculation summary. 'AttainedAge' is certainly data that's on
an individual calculation summary, but not a composite. We only

In the original lmi code (before we start using xml/xslt) there was no
title for the first column for both single and composite calculation
summary. Is it the exact behaviour to replicate in the current code?
Or maybe something more logical like:
- calculation summary for an individual:
 for the first column put title "Age" in both HTML and TSV outputs
- calculation summary for a composite:
 the first column still present but has no title and has value range
[0-99] (both in HTML and TSV)

Actually, let's not worry about this quite yet. I'll get back to
you tomorrow if it requires immediate attention, but I don't think
that's the case now.