[Linphone-users] Notification problems with iPhone calls

From: Chris Jackson
Subject: [Linphone-users] Notification problems with iPhone calls
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 08:17:09 +1300

I’ve been testing out LinPhone, and while it mostly seems to work well,
notifications of iPhone calls seems to be unreliable. I sent some logs recently
but thought I should follow up with a message here to see if others were
experiencing issues, or if it is just a problem with my system.

I’ve not characterised this well, but from a few tests it seems that longer
periods of no use will result in calls not being established. It seems that
possibly leaving the iPhone “off” for an hour (ie not opening any apps and
certainly not opening LinPhone) will result in calls not being connected. I
might be wrong as I’ve only tested this a couple of times and obviously this
takes a lot of time between tests. Calls made after 30 or 40 minutes of no use
have so far always worked ok though.

I wonder if this is a known issue or something that could be a settings issue
in my system? I’m using the LinPhone cloud FlexiSip and have not changed any
settings from default in the iPhone app.

Thanks
Chris