Re: [Linphone-users] Errors in linphone after installation

From: ael
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Errors in linphone after installation
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 11:35:11 +0100

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 09:32:34AM +0200, Peio Rigaux wrote:
> Hello. It seems that you are using a 4 years outdated version of
> Linphone (the gtk version).
>
> The packages in the official repositories are not up to date yet.

But they do work :-)

> You can download the appimage <https://linphone.org/releases/linux/app/>
> of the latest version instead.

There was no source package there, and it does not seem to fit well with
package management. "app image" does seem to be dumbed down: what's
wrong with "binary"?

I do have a git clone of

  /github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-desktop

but I confess that I have not got around to compiling: it looked a bit
involved, and I was busy. And I didn't want to mess with a working
installation. But I ought to try when I have some spare time.

Just comments: I am not the OP, of course.

ael