Re: [Linphone-users] Errors in linphone after installation

From: ael
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Errors in linphone after installation
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 18:35:49 +0100

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 07:20:09PM +0200, Filippo Lombardo wrote:

> For now when I run sudo /usr/bin/linphone, I get only a warning:
>
> filippo@ThinkPad-R61:~$ sudo /usr/bin/linphone
> [sudo] password for filippo:
> Gtk-Message: 18:53:10.770: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

That seems to be from a package of the same name:

$ dpkg -s libcanberra-gtk3-module
  A GtkModule which will automatically hook into all kinds of events
   inside a GTK+ 3.0 program and generate sound events from them.

Not sure whether that is because you are running as root.

It does not seem to be a dependency of my linphone 3.12.0-3 here. But,
as you say, it seems not to matter.

> ortp-warning-Fail to open file
> /usr/bin//../share/Linphone/linphonerc.factory

I don't have that file on my system, but it is only a warning.
Presumably the default linphonerc.

Are you intentionally avoiding replying to the list? Others may benefit
from your experience...

ael