Re: [Linphone-users] Errors in linphone after installation

From: ael
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Errors in linphone after installation
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 13:06:06 +0100

On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 10:37:01AM +0200, Filippo Lombardo wrote:
> Hi Ael,
>
> yes, invoking Linphone as simple user is something that keeps the issues as
> unsolved and you cannot use it
>
> Only with sudo I get the message "registration to 'domain name' successful"
> and the round green circle on the lower online user tab

Another thought: could it be that the account assistant or whatever was
initially run as root somehow? Then the "simple_user" would not have
the right credentials in ~/.linphonerc, and then you would get that
registration failure.

Running the Account Assistant as the simple_user ought to fix that.
You could look at ~/.linphonerc on the two accounts to see how they
differ. I think you need to look under [auth_info_*] mainly. But none of
that should be necessary if you run the account assistant.

I assume that you can't run two copies of linphone under different
accounts simultaneously using the same ports, so you need to make sure
one of them is properly shut down before trying the other.

Just guessing. You still need to make sure that the simple_user is a
member of the right groups, I think.