Re: [Linphone-developers] RTP packets are sent too often

From: Daniel Kabs [ML]
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] RTP packets are sent too often
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:16:06 +0100

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For me the problem can only come from the audio read part. The
> snd_card_has_data() returns true too often, so that the stream of
> sample is  too high (maybe 11000 samples/seconds), and so there
> are too many rtp packets  per sample.
> The rtpsend program from oRTP reads from disk and use its own
> interrupt-like  mechanism, thus does not rely on a soundcard
> to get samples as it is in  mediastreamer.

You are right, using rtpsend I get one packet every 20ms, thats 50
packets per second.

Using linphonec as described, I get 80 packets. Thats exactly the
amount one gets because of the differenet block sizes of sound card
reads (256 samples) and network writes (160 samples payload): 50* 256 /
160 = 80

Cheers,
Daniel