[Linphone-developers] My solution to "RPT packets send too often"

From: Daniel Kabs [ML]
Subject: [Linphone-developers] My solution to "RPT packets send too often"
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:58:07 +0100

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, "Daniel Kabs [ML]" <address@hidden> wrote:
> - Instead the filter uses r->gran=(512*r->freq)/8000;
>   to calculate the granularity (in msossread.c::ms_oss_read_start()).
> [...]
> I am still pondering how this filter-fifo-queueing works, when every
> 20ms there is an input of 256 samples (512 bytes from the soundcard),
> but only 160 samples are output through the RTP packet.

I set r->gran = 160 * 2 in msossread.c::ms_oss_read_start().

This way the one end of the fifo reads as many bytes from the soundcard
as the other end of the fifo writes to the network.

Now it works with low delay and minimum jitter. :-)

Cheers
Daniel Kabs
Kaiserslautern, Germany

PS: Of course one should not "hardcorde" the granularity value into
ms_oss_read_start() but rather make it equel to the payload size (or
the other way round). But I leave the proper implementation to the ones
who are familiar with the mediastreamer filter framework.