Re: [Linphone-developers] Implementing sound support for non-standard ha

From: Daniel Kabs [ML]
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Implementing sound support for non-standard hardware
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:20:11 +0100

Hello!

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes you can add a new SndCard implementation to handle your problem.
> This interface is expected to change in 1.0.x .

For the time being I adapted the hpuxsndcard.c to work with my devices
that interface to the audio hardware.

I have one question regarding reading from the soundcard because I
don't know if I understand the concepts of your fifos correctly.

The read filter function ms_oss_read_process() in msossread.c reads the
data from the soundcard. To do so, it request a buffer by calling

ms_fifo_get_write_ptr(fifo,f->gran,(void**)&p);

By using this call, one "promises" to fill the fifo with exactly
f->gran bytes.

But the following call to snd_card_read() may read less bytes.
Isn't this a problem? And why is the return value of snd_card_read()
ignored?

Cheers
Daniel Kabs
Germany