Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone & registration

From: Ivica Babarovic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone & registration
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:51:40 +0200

Klaus Darilion wrote:
Linphone doesn't support Event-notification which is necessary for
presence. So, the Linphone User will never be online. You have to setup
the call with "start a voice ..." and manually enter the sip url.

If you looking for presence in linux, use kphone. (wirlab.net/kphone).
this also support IM.

regards,
Klaus

I would use kphone or something like that if the target was PC.
I'm trying to make things as compact as they can be becouse the
ultimate target will be embedded motorolla platform. Not much
space there. :)
So space is the thing I can't afford. that's why I'm considering
Linphone. Maybe there's another small VoIP SIP-based client out
there that support this feature but I'm unaware of it.

So the question is. How hard would it be to add this
Event-notification into the Linphone? As I've said,
I have time and desire to do it.

regards,
Ivo