RE: [Linphone-developers] Linphone & registration

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: RE: [Linphone-developers] Linphone & registration
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:16:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Linphone doesn't support Event-notification which is necessary for
> presence. So, the Linphone User will never be online. You have to setup
> the call with "start a voice ..." and manually enter the sip url.
>
> If you looking for presence in linux, use kphone. (wirlab.net/kphone).
> this also support IM.

linphone will support kphone by using the eXosip library (instead of
osipua) for signalling. This will be acheived in a very few monthes.

I've been able to subscribe and be subscribed to MSN two days
ago for the first time with the sample application available
in the eXosip package. (the CVS in on savannah.gnu.org)

Aymeric