Tuplet brackets do not respect edge skips

From: Gregory Evans
Subject: Tuplet brackets do not respect edge skips
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 12:26:14 -0400

Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone can explain a lilypond behavior I did not expect. I noticed today that tuplet brackets appear over skips in the middle of the tuplet but not over skips which appear at the edges of the tuplet. I imagine this is a bug since the treatment is inconsistent (i.e. it is not the case that tuplet brackets never respect skips), however if this is a desired behavior I'd like to learn about it. I'm behind a few versions I think, so it's possible the issue has been addressed.
\version "2.23.81"
\language "english"

\score {
    \new Score <<