Re: optical recognition for input

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: optical recognition for input
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:30:24 +0100

Out of interest I tried Audiveris on a rather simple Lilypond score. The
results are somewhat okay, but not stellar (see for yourself). I think with
more complex scores this will quickly get messy. So I guess this could save
some time in very specific situations.

But the question is: Would you want that? In situations where this works you
probably have a high quality scan of a quality score, so the only reason why
you’d want to engrave it is to change things. But going the Scan→MusicXML→Ly
will not give you the clean structure you’d get from typing it yourself, so
working with these files is harder.

Cheers,
Valentin