Re: ice-9 i18n string-locale-upcase

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: ice-9 i18n string-locale-upcase
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:37:27 +0100

On 18/01/2022 18:52, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
Because this is documentation for Guile 2
and current releases of LilyPond still have
Guile 1.8.

Thanks for the speedy reply! I wasn’t sure whether the switch to Guile 2 had already been made. I got it to work with the experimental binary you linked to, albeit only after fixing the actual code (see bottom for the revised example).

Backwards compatibility would be great, so I still ask: Do you or does anyone know whether similar functionality is available for Guile 1.8? Although I’m aware that character handling is a major difference between the versions, so I wouldn’t be surprised if not.

Best regards
Simon