Re: optical recognition for input

From: James B. Wilkinson
Subject: Re: optical recognition for input
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 18:34:35 -0500

> On Jan 17, 2022, at 5:04 PM, Adam M. Griggs <adammgriggs@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I haven't tried building from development branch, but from experience, the
> stable branch only works with JRE 11, not "11 or greater."

Yes, I did use the default stable branch.

> I use MX Linux and JRE 11 is readily available. Not sure about other
> operating systems.

Yes, I was using 12 because that seemed to be the one Oracle's website wanted
to send me. I'll back up to 11.

I did look in the expanded src tree and found a blue million *.java files. I
assume that the build process needs to compile all of them. Won't I need the
JDK for that and not just the JRE? I'm not sure; been a while since I did any
Java.

thanks, I'll have a go