Re: Entering Chords using Nashville Number System

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Entering Chords using Nashville Number System
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 21:43:51 +0100

Hello Sam,
(please keep lilypond-user in the address list)

The big problem here is the the chord naming function (which is responsible
for creating that chordname) does not expect the root name to depend on
context properties, so it does not pass the context as argument. This means we
cannot do this from within the root name function.

I suppose there are two paths:
1) Create a new key function that resets the root namer
2) Create an engraver that listens to key-change-event resets the root namer
accordingly

For the first possibility see the appended file as example. The format here is
a(b) where a is the diatonic step and b is the alteration to the given scale
in semitones

Cheers,
Valentin