Re: Entering Chords using Nashville Number System

From: Tim's Bitstream
Subject: Re: Entering Chords using Nashville Number System
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 22:38:09 -0600

There was a thread earlier this year on that very topic:

https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2021-06/msg00023.html

On Jan 13, 2022, at 8:48 PM, Sam Gibson <samuelpgibson12@gmail.com> wrote:

Good day.

I wish to use the Nashville Number System, using numbers in place of chord names, for a simple lead sheet or chord chart. While it is possible to simply enter and position chords using \lyricmode, I do not know of a way to include the superscripts such as maj7 or sus4. Is there a way to use '\chords' and replace the letter chord names with numbers?

I am entering chords in the following way:

\version "2.22.1"
\chords { c1 f:sus4 }

I appreciate any assistance.

Samuel Gibson