Re: Transposing pitches in the lilypond file itself?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: Transposing pitches in the lilypond file itself?
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 00:31:01 +0000

Thanks, David - for the heads up about Emacs Lilypond mode! I don't use Emacs for everything, but I do use it for a lot of things; and certainly for anything involving text (like Lilypond) it's my standard go-to. But what is it about the Lilypond mode which is so abominable? I just use it really for note-entering, and for each new piece I start off with one of my templates. The font-lock minor mode (coloring) is very helpful. (Also, I'm curious - which Emacs mail system are you using? I've tried several, but none of them really appealed to me. I'm now using the inbuilt mail system which is part of the Vivaldi browser. I also agree about LaTeX: I've installed Emacs on my Windows machine as well because Emacs+auctex works for me better than any other editor or LaTeX IDE.)

Alasdair

--
0432 854 858
https://numbersandshapes.net