Inputting music in parts

From: Paulo Matos
Subject: Inputting music in parts
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 21:36:08 +0100

Hi,

I have some music I want to transcribe that has 2 parts: A and B the
music goes:
part A
part B
part A with special ending

I could of course define variables like:
\partA =
\partAtransition =
\partAending =
\partB =

and then write the music as
\partA
\partAtransition
\partB
\partA
\partAending

However, I would like to simplify the final score. What's the best way
to write this? I saw repeats but that doesn't seem to be exactly what I
need.

However the partA with different endings sound like it could be where I
could use \alternative, but unsure how to put it all together. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

--
Paulo Matos