Re: Inputting music in parts

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Inputting music in parts
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 23:25:45 +0100

Hi Paolo, Hi Jean,

\unfoldRepeats does do the trick, but it is rather hard to read structurally.
If I look at something like

{ \partA \transition \partB \partA \ending }

The structure is immediately clear. Instead if we have

\unfoldRepeats {
\repeat unfold 2 {
 many lines of code
}
\alternative {
 many more lines of code
}

the structural intention is much obscurer, thus one needs to know what’s
happening to understand it.

But in case we have many more parts (like in a rondo) this might be useful for
doing

\unfoldRepeats {
\repeat unfold 5 \partA
\alternative { \partB \partC \partD \partE \ending }
}

or something.

Cheers,
Valentin