Start new piece without line break (with title)

From: Ruzsa Krisztián
Subject: Start new piece without line break (with title)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 16:10:09 +0000

Hi everyone,

I’d like to copy the layout of a small tune book. New pieces don’t always start in a new line, it usually occurs that the next song starts somewhere in the middle of the line. Titles are placed before each piece (not above the staff)

I found two helpful topics in the archive but couldn’t find a solution for properly adding a title for the new piece:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg01027.html

https://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user@gnu.org/msg118603.html

I’m trying to change some notes (see attachment) to add a new title, but I’m wondering if there’s a nicer solution that can help me place the new title more precisely (to match the first title that was added as an „instrumentName”).

Thank you in advance for any help.

Krisztián