Re: Create custom arpeggio-like engraver

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Create custom arpeggio-like engraver
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 15:40:29 +0100

Hi Dimitris,

Am 17.11.21 um 20:50 schrieb Dimitris Marinakis:
I need a generic engraver that works similar to the default arpeggio one but I don't want to override the arpeggio engraver or any other default ones in case I need to have multiple events simultaneously.

I'm not sure I understand your rationale.

Even if you need multiple events simultaneously, you can (instead of overriding) _tweak_ the default arpeggio. This can even be done conveniently by prefixing your \override with \single.

Or do you want to connect _the same notes_ both by a standard arpeggio and your modified layout object?

Lukas