Create custom arpeggio-like engraver

From: Dimitris Marinakis
Subject: Create custom arpeggio-like engraver
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 21:50:38 +0200

I need a generic engraver that works similar to the default arpeggio one but I don't want to override the arpeggio engraver or any other default ones in case I need to have multiple events simultaneously.

I saw a similar thread with a custom arpeggio stencil that had both up and down arrows but I need to keep this engraver its own thing in this case.

I thought about searching inside the lilypond internal files to see how the default arpeggio spanner works but if someone else can help me through this I'd really appreciate it.

Essentially, I'm interested in the ability of the arpeggio spanner to calculate its length based on the distance of the outer notes. I will replace the line stencil with something that will scale up/stretch depending on the vertical length of that spanner.

Sorry if my terminology is wrong (engraver, spanner etc.)