Re: Create custom arpeggio-like engraver

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Create custom arpeggio-like engraver
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 15:29:48 +0100

Le 21/11/2021 à 14:48, Dimitris Marinakis a écrit :
I noticed the interesting squiggle-line-markup. I hope we eventually see more advanced options for spanners in the future. e.g. patterns of dots and dashes or segmented lines that can have angles between the segments. Really excited with the more active development of Lilypond this past year.

I've been working on similar stuff lately. I can make no promises though.

As an educative note, glissandi are considered items in the internal logic (not spanners). You can see this as http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/arpeggio. In LilyPond, the spanner terminology refers to an object that spans several columns horizontally.

Best,
Jean