Licensing and custom lines

From: Charlie Boilley
Subject: Licensing and custom lines
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 07:30:15 +0000

Dear Lilypond community,

---
1. About GPL licensing, again.

Sorry to bother you, but I'm confused by this :

"All code linked with GPL 3.0 source code must be disclosed under a GPL 3.0 compatible license." from the GPL license.

And this : https://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user@gnu.org/msg136603.html

Then, how can be 100% sure that I can keep :

- my musical work closed source and share it along the license I wany by using some scripts from other users or built on snippets ?
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2021-10/msg00398.html

- when sharing scripts with other users ?

- when dev. creative scripts in or linked to Lily that are part of my composition as "musical objects primitives" : code that will generate Lily code ?

How to find solid arguments against :
https://fodina.de/en/2019/lilypond-snippets-and-the-gpl/ ?

---
2. New lines !

The latest Lily release is very welcomed with great contempory lines and layout objets rotation, thank you !

Would it be possible to :

- Combine multiple shapes into one line (with primitives : sin, tri, square, saw, Bravura glyphs, ...) ?

- Stretching the line with anchor points ex. one to the left and stretch the line to the right in order to make a progressive vibrato or vibrato that would change in speed and amplitude multiples times per line in which case each anchor point could be vertically linked to some event like a pulse or hidden note ?

- Increase or decrease the thickness of the line progressively and at multiple times between start and end note ?
- Assign one line to local midi CC like CC1 for vibrato amplitude, linked to the height of the line ?

Have a good day !

Yours,
ChB

P.S. : Sorry for the translation.