Re: convert-ly

From: JxStarks
Subject: Re: convert-ly
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 15:20:47 -0400

or do I need to have some reference to Python in my PATH command?  If so, what should it look like?

Jerry

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 3:19 PM JxStarks <jxstarks@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for your many and informative responses. M.Tarenskeen correctly identified a typo in my PATH command ("C;" instead of "C:"). I corrected that, but the problem still persists. Here's my latest info from the Command Prompt:
===
C:\Users\Jerry\Documents\RPC\Music\FILE>echo %PATH%
C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin;C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

C:\Users\Jerry\Documents\RPC\Music\FILE>convert-ly *.ly
'convert-ly' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
===
Note: I tried both convert-ly and convert-ly.py, and neither one works for me.

At some iteration in the past, the PATH command was "[pre-set paths];C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin;"

Is it necessary to have the [pre-set paths] and the quotation marks?

Jerry

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 2:27 PM Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com> wrote:
At 11:04 31/05/2021 -0700, Knute Snortum wrote:
>I suggest you rename the file to that, ...

For what it's worth, I didn't have this problem: that was Jerry
Starks. Is he now happy? I was merely concerned that I was watching a
conversation that seemed to include no doubt well-intentioned but
misleading responses, including simple reference to the inaccurate
documentation.

Brian Barker