Code Max length

From: Ludovic Teysseire
Subject: Code Max length
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 10:25:59 +0000

Dear lilypond community,

I recently started coding a piano score on Lilypond version 2.20.0 comprised of roughly 250 bars. However, I have been unable to input anything after a while. It seems that I can change the code however I want as long as I do no exceed 28,072 characters.

Could you help me find out if there really is a limit on the number of characters we can input per project ? Otherwise, could you please tell me how I can input a score without dividing the piece ?

I believe that variables won't help me save more space.

Thank you in advance,
Ludovic.