Re: Code Max length

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Code Max length
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 18:21:58 +0000

<ludovic.teysseire@hotmail.fr>:

    > Hello David,
    >
    > I think you are right and the problem is memory rather than lilypond. It
is true that my computer is a dog.

    > As it happened, I typed everything in lilypond directly.
    >
    > I think I am going to input everything in separate files.
    >
    > Thank you for your help and have a good day.

    It sounds like you’re using the rudimentary Lilypond app on macOS.
    Don’t do that, but use a proper editor.

    I strongly suggest Frescobaldi, even if it might be a bit difficult to get
it running, depending on your macOS version.
    Other editors provide at least some syntax highlighting.

And if it's a Mac, you're probably running a 32-bit version.  You'll want to
get a 64-bit version, either by building it on MacPorts or by downloading an
app from Marnen's repository:

https://bintray.com/marnen/lilypond-darwin-64

Unfortunately, that site doesn't yet have a 2.22 binary on it.

Carl