Re: Questions From a New User

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Questions From a New User
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 12:39:46 +0100 (CET)

> [...] I take it the "angle brackets" are the < and > symbols?  The
> reason I ask is because screen readers often read these out as
> "less" and "greater".

Yes.  The terminology is a bit unfortunate – indeed, “less than” and
“greater than” are the correct names for the ASCII characters < and >,
respectively.  Angle brackets are actually the symbols 〈 and 〉
(Unicode characters U+2329 and U+232A), but this is not what LilyPond
uses for its syntax.

    Werner