Re: Questions From a New User

From: Damien Garwood
Subject: Re: Questions From a New User
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 11:24:39 +0000

Hi Aaron,
Having no prior knowledge of print, please excuse me for asking, but I take it the "angle brackets" are the < and > symbols? The reason I ask is because screen readers often read these out as "less" and "greater". That's one of the things that confused us - the fact that sometimes you would see braces inside the <<->> sections and vice versa. So far, we have been using MIDI to hear our scores back, but since MIDI is an events-only system, does that accurately reflect how the score looks? For instance, articulations wouldn't be able to be replicated in MIDI, nor would the tons of different barlines (still another thing that threw us).
Cheers,
Damien.