Re: Measure Number Collision

From: Marc Shepherd
Subject: Re: Measure Number Collision
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 12:28:20 -0400

Kieren's example does indeed work with LP 2.21.2. However, the distribution for 2.21.2 seems to "break" a number of other functions; for instance, \fermataMarkup no longer works.

Anyhow, I am still in the market for a better way to do this, but for the time being will just turn off bar numbers selectively whenever a rehearsal mark appears at the start of a system.

I did a search of the archives, and I see this has been a much discussed topic over the years!

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 11:02 AM Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Hi Marc,

> In your example, the rehearsal letters printed twice at the top of the winds group. I don't know if it matters that I am on version 2.20

It may.

> Also, if I am reading the code correctly, in a passage where only the brass and strings play, no marks would print on that system. The example assumes that winds will always be present. That is why I had a MarkLine at the top of the score outside of any group.

IIRC, there is a way to avoid that… it involves keep-alive-together, etc. I just haven’t had time (or need, recently) to research it myself. No doubt someone else can help you with it!

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info