Re: Measure Number Collision

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Measure Number Collision
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 09:53:20 -0400

Hi Marc,

> What I want is to print the MarkLine twice, once above Violin I, and once at
> the top of each system.

In recent versions, you can just add the engravers to the appropriate
StaffGroup contexts (see below). Does that solve your problem?

Cheers,
Kieren.

%%%%
\version "2.21.2"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket.collapse-height = #4
    \remove Mark_engraver
    \remove Metronome_mark_engraver

global = {
  \mark \default
  \key f \major
  \time 4/4
  s1*7
  \mark \default
  s1*7
}

fakemusic = {
  \relative c' { \repeat unfold 56 { c4 } }
}

\score {
  <<
    \new StaffGroup = "winds"
    \with { \consists Mark_engraver \consists Metronome_mark_engraver }
      <<
        \new Staff << \global \fakemusic >>
        \new Staff << \global \fakemusic >>

    \new StaffGroup = "brass"
      <<
        \new Staff << \global \fakemusic >>
        \new Staff << \global \fakemusic >>
        \new Staff << \global \fakemusic >>

    \new StaffGroup = "strings"
    \with { \consists Mark_engraver \consists Metronome_mark_engraver }
      <<
        \new Staff << \global \fakemusic >>
        \new Staff << \global \fakemusic >>

}