Re: Future of openLilyLib

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Future of openLilyLib
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 22:46:14 +0200

Well, despite two of today's statements arguing otherwise I must say I
have come to a different conclusion. I have given myself exactly two
weeks to make a determination, and I realized I have obviously
overestimated the value and impact of my pet project openLilyLib. The
two weeks until yesterday since my (I think pretty strong and explicit)
statement did not trigger *anything* except one stupid and off-topic
discussion. So I realize there is no substantial need for openLilyLib,
and I don't have the resources left (in terms of time and mental or
physical energy) to push it forward without community support. And to
be honest, to include \shapeII into LilyPond or not is definitely not a
matter of having openLilyLib or not.

So today I copied all the relevant repositories to my own Git server
and removed myself from the corresponding Github organizations. I will
use what is there to complete three substantial projects I still have
on my desktop. Everything that is necessary to use and improve the
library and the packages is still freely available and appropriately
licensed, so if anybody considers it worth the effort they can do with
it whatever seems suitable.

Best
Urs

PS:
Those few who know more about the background shouldn't worry too much
about the final character of this statement ...