RE: ties between voices

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: ties between voices
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 20:18:01 -0700

David,

Thank you.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: lilypond-user
[mailto:lilypond-user-bounces+carsonmark=ca.rr.com@gnu.org] On Behalf Of
David Zelinsky
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 7:32 PM
To: lilypond-user@gnu.org

"Mark Stephen Mrotek" <carsonmark@ca.rr.com> writes:

> David Zelinsky <dzpost@dedekind.net> writes:
>
>> I had seen "\voices" in the manual, but it did not say anything about
>> continuing phrasing or dynamics across voices.  I fact it said it
>> can't be done.  But after seeing people's responses, I looked further
>> and found where it explained this feature.  So there seems to be an
>> inconsistency in the manual.  What's the best way to go about
reporting/fixing this?

> Would you, or someone else, direct me to "\voices" in the manual.
> I might be using incorrect search terms.
> Thank you,
>
> Mark

Here's where it says "Lyrics and spanners (such as slurs, ties, hairpins,
etc.) cannot be created *across* voices.":

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#index-_
005cvoices

And here's where it says they can:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/available-music-functio