Re: ties between voices

From: David Zelinsky
Subject: Re: ties between voices
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 22:31:50 -0400

"Mark Stephen Mrotek" <carsonmark@ca.rr.com> writes:

> David Zelinsky <dzpost@dedekind.net> writes:
>
>> I had seen "\voices" in the manual, but it did not say anything about
>> continuing phrasing or dynamics across voices.  I fact it said it can't be
>> done.  But after seeing people's responses, I looked further and found where
>> it explained this feature.  So there seems to be an inconsistency in the
>> manual.  What's the best way to go about reporting/fixing this?
>
> Would you, or someone else, direct me to "\voices" in the manual.
> I might be using incorrect search terms.
> Thank you,
>
> Mark

Here's where it says "Lyrics and spanners (such as slurs, ties,
hairpins, etc.) cannot be created *across* voices.":

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#index-_005cvoices

And here's where it says they can:

  http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/available-music-functions

(Scroll down to "\voices".)