Re: openLilyLib website

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: openLilyLib website
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 00:47:17 +0100

Hi Simon,

Am Sonntag, den 23.02.2020, 18:42 +0100 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
> Hi Urs,
>
> this looks great! As often, I can’t offer much more than applause
> and
> some nitpicking…

Well, that's useful too.

> On the ‘About LilyPond’ I’d rather write “GNU LilyPond is a music
> notation program /strongly inspired by/ traditional craftsmanship”.
> After all, the process of working with LilyPond doesn’t resemble
> traditional craftsmanship at all…

Good point.

> The use of the word ‘domain’ in the About/LilyPond and /openLilyLib
> seems quite technical considering IIUC the site is supposed to be
> read
> also by people without a background in software development…

I must say I'm pretty unhappy with that whole page. I actually replaced
the bullet list with some text just to be able to send that email to
the list.

The introduction on that page should be even shorter, but at the same
time more friendly, casual, positively inspiring than the current text
tending to be too technical and boring.

> ‘Get started/Install openLilyLib’ has an instance of [oll-core} that
> seems unintentional.

Thanks, had already been spotted and fixed (although not uploaded yet).

> s/documenation/documentation

Thanks.

Best
Urs