Re: openLilyLib website

From: mason
Subject: Re: openLilyLib website
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 12:58:37 -0800

On 02/22, Urs Liska wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 21.02.2020, 18:52 -0800 schrieb address@hidden:
> > Do you want something similar [Sphinx][1] or [Doxygen][2]?
>
> Yes, something similar, but IISC these tools (which I had of course
> taken notice of earlier) are limited to their set of languages.

Yes, that's right.  I wasn't recommending those tools, just confirming
that you are looking for something similar.

> Craig Dabelstein did some research and suggested NaturalDocs (
> https://www.naturaldocs.org/) which looks nice and suitably
> extensible/configurable for our purpose. I'm a little bit wary about
> the fact that it's a project with a single contributor, and I know what
> I'm talking about ...
> (also I *think* it would be good to have a Python-based tool because it
> might be easier to extend and to integrate with the other stuff.
>
> > Are the
> > source files in Scheme, Lilypond, or a combination of both?
>
> Of course both.
> The end-user interface is usually LilyPond, but the functionality is
> all LilyPond, Scheme-in-LilyPond, and Scheme-in-Scheme-files.

Huh.  I thought it would be easier to find a good documentation
generator for Scheme, but after searching for a while everything I found
appears to have gone unmaintained for at least a few years (which I'm
guessing is what you're afraid could happen with NaturalDocs?), and
other than NaturalDocs I couldn't find anything that supports
configuration for arbitrary languages.